Keep up to date with the latest insights, news and views from the McKellens Masterclass. Subscribe below to receive regular updates delivered direct to your inbox.
Beat the Recession
10 Jul 2020
Beat the Recession – a blueprint for business survival
Event date: Friday, 19 July 2020
We’re already seeing record levels of reduction in UK and global economic activity as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown. A recession – defined as two or more quarters of declining growth – is unfortunately a stark reality.
As businesses seeking to weather the storm, we must act now to ensure that our businesses not only survive the economic downturn but also thrive.
We all know businesses that have already adapted to the challenges presented by COVID-19. Manufacturers that have switched their production lines to ventilator parts. Luxury brands that have switched from clothing to face coverings. Pubs that are offering takeaways. Countless others who have switched their service from face-to-face to online.
How is your business adapting?
Our ‘Beat the Recession’ series of virtual masterclasses will look at:
- money issues – making sure we have the cash to do things
- tough decisions – that need to be made about products, services, customers, suppliers and team members
- people – what really motivates them
- selling – handling price objections and all sorts of other “issues”
- marketing – how to position and price for growth
- ‘being brilliant at the basics’ – how to get the basics right
- innovation – in how and what we do
The first masterclass in the series is ‘Beat the Recession – a blueprint for business survival’. It focuses on the need to stop talking and start taking action. It offers one clear and practical way from each item on the list that you can implement right away.
The session starts at 10am and runs for 60 minutes.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is concerned about the impact the recession will have on their business.
You will leave the session with ideas on how to make practical steps towards future proofing your business.
About the trainer
McKellens masterclasses are facilitated by Chartered Accountant and small business expert, Chris Booth. During his distinguished career, Chris has built up impressive knowledge from his own experiences as a small business advisor and as an avid learner of global business best practice. As a result, he is able to offer practical insight into how solutions in other sectors can be applied to local businesses.
What the McKellens Masterclass Offers:
- Perspective on your business. Time and space in a comfortable and supportive online environment allowing you to work on rather than in your business
- Positive critique from our mini strategic board made up of Masterclass peers and presenting a great opportunity to road test your ideas and seek advice
- Continuing peer support beyond the 60-minute masterclass through our closed Facebook group
- Watch again. Refresh your knowledge at a later date by revisiting the recorded session and PowerPoint
Book your place on our 60-minute bite-sized virtual ‘Beat the Recession – a blueprint for business survival’ masterclass.
A guaranteed return on your investment,
or your money back!
We are so confident that becoming a member of the McKellens Masterclass will help you to grow your business and ultimately change your life, that we will guarantee a minimum 5x return on your 12 month membership investment or we will give you your money back.Join Now